Halloween and healthy eating? Yes. This year, we don’t want you to be scared of indulging and have come through with a chocolate protein muffin recipe that is as healthy as it is delicious. Made with Flourish Pancake Mix, these treats are packed with 24 grams of protein, high in fibre and fortified with superfoods. All the energy needed to keep up with your Halloween activities!
Follow the easy steps below to make enough muffins for 12 to 14 people!
- ½ cup of Flourish chocolate pancake mix
- 115 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- A handful of chocolate chips
For the icing
- 100 g of cream cheese
- 10 ml of 36% cream
- 1 tb sp of icing powder
- 2 chocolate bars to melt
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine pancake mix with milk, egg and chocolate chips.
- Spray muffin tin pan with oil. Fill 2/3 of the pan with the mix.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together the cream cheese with cream and icing powder, add melted chocolate.
- When muffins are cooled add the icing on top and decorate with chocolate legs and eyes.