District Ventures Accelerator is looking to add a Community Coordinator to its Calgary team. The candidate will play a key role in helping early-stage companies grow their businesses by executing programming and communications/ marketing projects to help raise the profile of their businesses and the overall organization.
The successful candidate will have experience in event management, content creation and public relations. Most importantly, the candidate will be personable and enjoy working with others to achieve shared goals in a highly dynamic environment.
If you love trying new food, beverage, health and wellness products, have a passion for customer service and helping people, and are always that person taking multiple tries to get the perfect boomerang, then this position is for you!
- Work closely with the Managing Director to execute programming by organizing workshops and other events while communicating programming efforts to mentors
- Work closely with the Public Relations and Social Communications Manager to raise the external profile of the accelerator by developing and executing social media content, blog posts and other digital content, and assisting with media relations projects, including writing press releases and building relationships with local and national media and influencers
- Work closely with the internal marketing team to oversee marketing projects from inception to completion, including drafting briefs, collaborating on concept creation and proofing while ensuring timelines are met
- Lead the organization’s semi-annual pitch event, including managing invites, event logistics and social media and media promotion
- Lead the organization’s semi-annual recruitment period, including curating leads, organizing social media and marketing strategies, and communicating the benefits of the program to interested applicants
- Manage and build the internal photo resource library, including leading photo and video content curation
- Lead community outreach with stakeholders that fit within the ecosystem to maximize District Ventures exposure and the opportunities of the companies we partner with
- Research, collect and gather potential partners and sponsors to District Ventures as per Managing Director’s direction and put together key contact list
- Collect and curate content for the organization’s monthly e-newsletter
- Work with the space’s sponsors and partners to ensure requirements are met
- Stay on top of social and other communications trends.
- Attend additional offsite events as a representative of the company
- Coordinate boardroom reservations and other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Liaise with entrepreneurs and alumni companies to identify opportunities to market their successes and products.
- A university degree in the social sciences, including but not limited to, Business, Marketing, Political Science, English or an equivalent background.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task competing deadlines, with proven project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in event management
- A keen and creative eye for what makes for engaging photo and video content
- A track record of developing engaging social media posts, primarily on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated experience in media relations
- A demonstrated ability to write a variety of digital content, including but not limited to newsletters, and blog posts.
- A passion for helping entrepreneurs succeed
All qualified candidates should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.