Are you looking for a healthy and tasty holiday soup everybody will love? This butternut squash soup recipe packs extra flavour and added health benefits thanks to Borderland Chicken Bone Broth.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
Note: Roast your squash before making the soup and sauté all of your favourite flavour building basics such as onion, garlic, celery and carrots.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed (seeds removed)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 qt.Borderland Food Company Chicken Bone Broth
- Preheat oven to 400º. On a large baking sheet, toss butternut squash and potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrot and cook until softened, 7 to 10 minutes. Season generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add roasted squash and potatoes and pour over Borderland Chicken Bone Broth. Simmer 10 minutes, then using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy. (Alternately, carefully transfer batches of the hot soup to a blender.)
- Serve garnished sprinkled with thyme.