District Ventures Marketing is looking for a graphic designer to develop creative marketing solutions for our clients.
We are currently looking to add a designer to our Calgary team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing creative products, including but not limited to, logos, packaging, infographics, websites, social media channels, banners, and other digital content for entrepreneurial companies.
Who you are:
- Diploma or Degree in graphic design or visual communications by an accredited post- secondary institution
- Portfolio of work representing 1-2 years of experience building print ready, packaging and web-based graphics
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge in: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Power Point, Keynote, Microsoft Word
- Ability to estimate projects, take direction from Creative Director(s) and other members of the team and deliver on time.
- Proven written communication skills
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design of creative products for clients, and occasionally the development of self-promotional materials
- Works with the Art Director and the Creative Director to develop creative concepts, layouts, designs for all media, choosing appropriate style to meet client objective and working within established client style guides
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles, aesthetic design concepts, knowledge of industry software and communication standards
- Applies critical thinking to ensure our executions are delivering the greatest results for our clients and greatest response from our consumers
- Responsible for working within timelines and within budget
- Quality control to ensure final work conforms to brand guidelines or client requirements in the correct formats and to expected standards
- Stays on top of current trends and new opportunities to bring our messages to life
- Other duties as assigned
Just like the companies we work with District Ventures is rapidly growing. We are looking for new members to add to our marketing team. If you want to help entrepreneurs build their companies, have the right marketing skills, the right attitude and the right experience we want you to apply. We are reinventing the way that capital, marketing, business programming and commercialization works. We are having a blast doing it and would love for you to join our team! Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2019.